New Holiday Tradition
San Francisco, California
This year Grace seems to semi grasp the concept of Santa. She knows he's coming to town and she knows that he knows who's naughty or nice. We have heard many a time this holiday season (after calling her out on some not so good behavior), "I don't want to be naughty! I want to be nice!"
A few weeks ago when we asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her she responded with, "Presents!"
"What kind of presents?"
"Presents!"
Then the answered changed about a week or so ago..."A JUMP ROPE!"
"That's all you want Santa to bring you?"
"YEP!"
So, for the first time ever she colored Santa a lovely picture
and we wrote him a letter asking for a jump rope.
Here's Grace mailing her letter to Santa Claus...a tradition in the making.
We also took her to see the Christmas tree at Union Square.
In 2003, David and I were touring with RENT and the cast performed at the tree lighting ceremony in this exact same spot.
I'm pretty sure Grace prefers this tree though. Her gasp was audible throughout the store and was then followed by, "I LOVE PINK!!!" Which is exactly what she is saying in this picture!
San Francisco, California
This year Grace seems to semi grasp the concept of Santa. She knows he's coming to town and she knows that he knows who's naughty or nice. We have heard many a time this holiday season (after calling her out on some not so good behavior), "I don't want to be naughty! I want to be nice!"
A few weeks ago when we asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her she responded with, "Presents!"
"What kind of presents?"
"Presents!"
Then the answered changed about a week or so ago..."A JUMP ROPE!"
"That's all you want Santa to bring you?"
"YEP!"
So, for the first time ever she colored Santa a lovely picture
and we wrote him a letter asking for a jump rope.
Here's Grace mailing her letter to Santa Claus...a tradition in the making.
We also took her to see the Christmas tree at Union Square.
In 2003, David and I were touring with RENT and the cast performed at the tree lighting ceremony in this exact same spot.
I'm pretty sure Grace prefers this tree though. Her gasp was audible throughout the store and was then followed by, "I LOVE PINK!!!" Which is exactly what she is saying in this picture!
Maybe a pink tree will be a tradition in her house someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment