Pages

Wherever We're Together...That's My Home

Follow Us Via Email...Sign Up Below :)

February 16, 2012

February 6, 2012

Houston, Texas to Fayetteville, Arkansas
I-45 North
572 miles / 9.5 hours

I was sad to say goodbye to Houston...well not the city, but that gorgeous house. We had so much fun playing in the yard and at Herman park, cooking in that fabulous kitchen, Grace loved living with her new buddy Michael, and I loved sleeping in that king size bed. But as we have said a million and one times, saying good bye to one city means we are closer to the end of the tour and being back in New York! 


Anyway, we packed up our things and headed to Fayetteville. We headed north and stopped in Dallas for lunch at one of our favorite lunch spots, Jason's Deli. They have the best salad bar and soups, not to mention ice cream comes with your meal. An hour or so after lunch we were back driving through the lovely state of Oklahoma.



It was a fairly uneventful ride. At one point I said to David, "I hope we see something interesting sooner or later or else I have no idea what I'll post on the blog." We did see a beautiful reservoir named the Eufaula Reservoir and a hand full of casinos. And of course we saw a lot of cows. We always see a lot of cows.


We arrived in Fayetteville around 7:00 p.m. and checked into our home for the week, Staybridge Suites. We were looking forward to staying in a hotel for a week and enjoying the hotel amenities: free breakfast, free laundry, and an indoor pool. 

Our new home away from home









No comments:

Post a Comment