I am BIG on traditions...especially Christmas Traditions. And I'm blessed to have my own family and in-laws who have started many wonderful traditions that DP and I will continue and pass on to our children.
Tradition: Getting (preferably a live) Christmas Tree on December 2nd (our wedding anniversary). Due to living in a hotel this year a live tree is out of the question, however we still went out and got a tree and decorations. Also, on December 2nd, DP and I give Gracie a new ornament for our tree. My goal is when she moves out (a very long time from now) she will have some starter ornaments for her own family Christmas Tree and be able to look back over the years and remember all her special interests.
This year we bought her an Abby Cadabby ornament.
Tradition: The Elf
(This is a tradition from my brother-in-law's family that we started doing with Gracie.)
Similar to those who celebrate St. Nicholas on December 6th...we have an elf. We place our shoes by our front door in hopes that one of Santa's elves will drop off a little something for us.
Gracie got new Christmas jammies and a book.
After purchasing our baby Christmas tree we went to dinner at Rosa Mexicano in Atlantic Station.
This beautiful and enormous Christmas tree is in the middle of Atlantic Station. I hope to have one similar at my house some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment