Atlantic Station is basically an outdoor mall...restaurants, shopping, and a movie theatre. It's a free 8 minute shuttle ride away for us. Easy peasy, right? Not when the goal of the day is to get us a crock-pot. You see, here in our new home we do not have an oven...just a stove top.
So, off Grace and I went to Atlantic Station's Target. Picture me, Gracie, her stroller and diaper bag, our new crock-pot, a bag of a few odds and ends we needed from Target and of course a few items from Bath and Body Works (Totally unnecessary things, but why not grab a few candles. I mean the store was right there!) waiting on the street corner for the shuttle to take us back home. How in the world was I planning to carry all of this onto the shuttle? This is where we learn that the people of Atlanta are the kindest people I have ever met. 1) The shuttle driver smiled at me and said he would wait for me to get my things together. 2) A man waiting for the shuttle grabbed my diaper bag and carried it onto the shuttle. 3) A lady got off of the shuttle and carried my crock-pot onto the shuttle. While I carried my bags, Gracie, and her stroller. It was an amazing act of kindness. Not to mention the lady who carried my crock pot on...also carried it off for me. I said "The people of Atlanta are so nice...we're from New York where these things don't happen." I'm thinking to myself~ in NYC that shuttle driver would have laughed at me and told me to wait for the next one or the doors would have closed on me as I was trying to get on.
If we can't be at home these days...I'm happy to be in Atlanta.
P.S. Here are the pictures of our new home...not very big, but we're making it work!
No comments:
Post a Comment