Pages

Wherever We're Together...That's My Home

Follow Us Via Email...Sign Up Below :)

August 27, 2014

The First Day of Kindergarten

I had been dreading this day for awhile. Not because I was unsure how Grace was do, I was unsure how I would do.  Grace has been at my side for 5 years. Being a stay at home mom means we are almost always together and I couldn't imagine an entire day (after day, after day, after day) without her with me.  But she was soooo excited and I was excited for her. And I did my best not to cry (but totally cried after she got on the bus and I got back in the house). The worst part of the morning (for me) was the walk to the bus. She started to walk ahead of me to cross the street and as I reached for her hand she pushed my hand away. I tired again and she pushed me away again. She wanted to walk with the other kids, not me. Broke my heart. It was a huge sign that she is growing up and I'd have to let her. 






These are the neighborhood kids who ride the bus with her. The two older girls make sure Grace and her friend Gabby get on and off the bus and to their classrooms. 




The day went by rather quickly and at 3:51 Grace arrived home. I was sooo excited to hear about her first day. She gave me this...

 
And told me kindergarten is AWESOME!!!! She loves going to school. And I love when she comes home and tells me all about her day! I'm better now. I enjoy the time with Annabelle and I get some me time when she's napping. One week into school and we're all doing just fine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment